Florida Accounting Malpractice Attorneys
Accounting malpractice is defined as an instance where an accountant commits an error, omission or deviation from accounting principles that causes a negative outcome or financial loss for a client.
Accountants have an obligation to their clients to function within certain standards and to exercise due care in preparing tax returns, reports and other financial documents. Clients have the right to expect that accountants offer fair and honest reporting and advise them properly regarding tax laws, for instance.
At the Florida accounting malpractice law firm of St. Denis & Davey, we’ll work hard to investigate accusations against your accountant and show proof of any legal, monetary or other negative ramifications caused by his or her gross negligence.
Contact us at 866-542-1996, if we can be of service with your potential case of accounting malpractice.
Holding Accountants Accountable
Accounting malpractice can take many forms. Examples of accountant errors that might lead to a lawsuit include:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Conflicts of interest
- CPA Code of Conduct violations
- Improper disclosure of worth
- Failure to detect embezzlement or misuse of funds
- Failure to draw up business evaluation
- Failure to advise of the need for an audit
- Accounting errors leading to tax penalties
- Improper tax liability advice
- Billing fraud
- Deviations from accounting principles that lead to fines for the client
- Deviations resulting in incorrect reports to stockholders
- Manipulating reports to improve stock value
- Advising clients to ignore tax laws
- Helping clients to perpetrate tax fraud or tax evasion
- Dishonesty or malfeasance
Our experienced accounting malpractice lawyers know how to show that significant damages can result from accountant errors where the client’s losses can be far in excess of the amount of legal fees and expenses necessary to bring the action.
Be in touch with our Florida law office today if you suspect that you’ve been a victim of accounting malpractice. We serve North Florida clients in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee, Panama City and Pensacola; we also serve South Florida clients in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Fort Myers and Naples.
Let Us Hear About Your Case
Our Florida law firm’s experienced accounting malpractice lawyers at St. Denis & Davey need to hear the specifics of your claim against your accountant. Email us or call us today at 866-542-1996, so we can hear about your case.